PhD Thesis: ‘Diagnosis of pulmonary diseases by the analysis of exhaled breath with a colorimetric sensor array’ Identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10603/41277 [online] Available at: http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/handle/10603/41277
National & International journal publications: (*Corresponding Author) ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0002-8602-0162; Scopus author ID 23566867100; PubMed: 71; Mendeley & Scopus: 64; First/Corresponding author – 122; Referred: 89, Citation index 806, h-index: 15, i10 index: 28
1. *Pal R, Kumar R, Vidyasagar, Rustagi N, Mukherjee B, Sarbapalli D. Future direction of Family Medicine training in India. J Fam Med Primary Care 2014; 3(4): 295-9. [Pubmed]
2. Ghosh A, Pal R, Dahal S. Breathe analysis in disease recognition. Global J Med Public Health 2014; 3(3):1-3.
3. *Pal R. Exhaled breathe analysis in tuberculosis case detection: the new horizon. Nepal J Epidemiol 2013; 3(2): 243-4. [Pubmed]
4. *Pal R. Biomarkers of diseases in human exhaled breathe. Al Ameen J Med Sci 2013; 6(2): 104-5.[Pubmed]
5. Ghosh A, Pal R. Rabies: neglected zoonosis in infectious disease epidemiology. Global J Med Public Health 2013; 2(3): 1-2.
6. *Pal R. Injury science in India: Call for the action. Indian J Prev Soc Med 2012; 43(3):229-32.
7. *Pal R. The emergent burden of injury. J Krishna Institute Med Sci Uni 2012; 1(2):4-6.
8. *Pal R. Injury Epidemiology: The Neglected Chapter. Nepal J Epidemiol 2012; 2(4):216-18. [Pubmed]
9. *Pal R, Kar S. Ethics of Publication: Approach Needs Paradigm Shift. J Res Med Edu & Ethics 2011; 1(1):6-8. [Pubmed]
10. *Pal R. Lowering ‘low birth weight’ cut off: for whom the bell tolls. Indian J Maternal Child Health 2010; 12(3):1-4.
11. *Pal R, Rustagi N, Thakur JS, Mishra P, Kishore J, Kumar R. Current status of development of curriculum of Family Medicine 2016 [In Press] [Pubmed]
12. *Pal R, Kumar R, Pal S, Mukherjee B, Sarbapalli D. Medical Education: the hot seat. J Fam Med Primary Care 2016. [In Press] [Pubmed]
13. *Pal R, Paul SK. Research in pain management. Journal on recent advances in pain 2016 [In Press]
1. *Pal R, Ghatak S. Food for thought. J Fam Med Primary Care 2014: 3(3): 191-2. [Pubmed]
2. *Pal R. Expert opinion on Rabies control in India has been honored in the article ‘Rabies: beware of the dog’ BMJ 2013;347:f5912 doi: 10.1136/bmj.f5912 (Published 1 October 2013) [Pubmed]
3. *Pal R. To be or not to be’: Altruism needed for our progeny. Int J User-Driven Healthcare 2013; 3(4):71-3.
4. *Pal R. Rational use of drugs. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2011;2(2): 123-4 [Pubmed]
5. *Pal R. A knockout vaccine for rabies? Nature[Online] [Cited06.07.2009] Available at: http://www.nature.com/news/2009/090704/full/news.2009.627.html doi:10.1038/news.2009.627
6. *Pal R. Gentamicin: Single Daily Dose. J Trop Ped [Online] 2007 [Cited 1 August 2007] Available at: http://tropej.oxfordjournals.org:80/cgi/eletters/52/3/179#59. [Pubmed]
Research papers (*Corresponding Author)
1. Bandyopadhyay A, Mohanta PK, Sarker G, Kumar K, Sarbapalli D, Pal R. Appraisal of cognitive function of diabetics in a rural healthcare teaching institute. Ann Trop Med Public Health. 2016; 9(1): 48-55.
2. Bharati DR, Nandi P, Yamuna TV, Lokesmaran A, *Pal R, Sarker G. Evaluation of retention of knowledge and skills imparted to third semester MBBS students through basic pre-hospital care of fracture. Tropical Journal of Medical Research. [In Press]
3. Agarwal A, Munivenkatappa A, Shukla DP, Menon GR, Alogolu R, Galwankar S, Kumar SS, Momhan PR, Pal R, Rustgi N. Traumatic Brain Injury: related research in India: An overview of published research. International Journal of Critical Illness and Injury Sciences 2015. [Pubmed] Manuscript id: IJCIIS_61_15. [In Press]
4. Aseri R, Garg R, Kajal KS, Sarker G, Pal R. Association and pattern of Diastolic Dysfunction in Metabolic Syndrome: potential for diagnosis & prognosis. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health [Elsevier] PIIS2213398415000858; DOI:10.1016/j.cegh.2015.11.006 [In Press]
5. *Pal R. Rustagi N. Food safety: Who's who. J Med Nutr Nutraceut 2015; 4:27-31.
6. *Pal R. Mohanta PK, Rustagi N, Sarbapalli D, Ghosh A, Sarker G. Knowledge is power if you hone it. Int J Green Pharm 2015; 9(2): 86-9.
7. *Pal R. Community Psychiatry in India: Challenges & road ahead. MINDS 2015; 4(24):2.
8. *Pal R, Mohanta PK, Sarker G, Rustagi N, Ghosh A. Traditional healers and Evidenced Based Medicine. Am J Public Health Res 2015;3(5A): 194-8 [PubMed]
9. Rustagi N, *Pal R. Qualitative Health Research: Outlining basics. Am J Public Health Res 2015; 3(5A):102-4 [PubMed]
10. Potaliya P, Pal R, Ghatak S. Value and Price of Teaching-Learning Aids in Curricular Health Trainings in India. Am J Public Health Res 2015; 3(5A): 160-73 [PubMed]
11. Saha SK, Barman M, Gupta A, Dutta Chowdhury P, Sarker G, Pal R. Gender Preference among Married Women in Kolkata Metropoliton Slum of India. Am J Public Health Res 2015; 3(4A): 6-11. [Pubmed]
12. Gupta A, Sarker G, Rout AJ, Mondal T, Pal R. Risk correlates of diarrhea in children under 5 years of age in slums of Bankura, West Bengal. J Global Infect Dis 2015;7:23-9 [Pubmed]
13. Ghosh A, Sarkar D, Pal R, Mukherjee B. Correlates of overweight and obesity among urban adolescents in Bihar, India. J Fam Med Primary Care 2015; 4: 84-8. [Pubmed]
14. Saxena V, Kumari R, Kumar P, Nath B, Pal R. Planning and preparation of VHND through convergence: Sharing experiences from Uttarakhand. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health 2015; 3(3): 125-31.[Elsevier]
15. Nandi P, Bharati DR, Yamuna TV, Lokesmaran A, *Pal R. Value of Objective structured clinical examination in the formative assessment of clinical posting in Community Medicine graduate training programme. National J Community Med 2015; 6(1): 50-4.
16. Saxena V, Kumar P, Kumari R, Nath B, Pal R. Availability of Village Health and Nutrition Day services in Uttarakhand, India. J Fam Med Primary Care 2015; 4: 251-6. [Pubmed]
17. Roy TK, Sarker G, Gupta A, Ghosh S, Sarbapalli D, Pal R. Bridging the gaps in Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme in Bankura, West Bengal, India. Am J Public Health Res 2015;3(5A):130-4 [PubMed]
18. Ghosh A, Sarker D, Mukherji B, Pal R. Burden of Malaria and health service utilization in a tribal community of West Bengal. Am J Public Health Res 2015;3(5A):182-5 [PubMed]
19. Ghosh A, Sarker D, Pal R, Mukherji B. A profile of common morbidities among elderly rural Indian population. Am J Public Health Res 2015;3(5A): 29-33 [PubMed]
20. Pal R, Agarwal A, Galwankar S, Swaroop M, Stawicki SP, Rajaram L, Paladino L, Aggarwal P, Bhoi S, Dwivedi S, Menon G, Misra M C, Kalra O P, Singh A, Radjou AN, Joshi A. The 2014 Academic College of Emergency Experts in India's INDO-US Joint Working Group (JWG) White Paper on "Developing Trauma Sciences and Injury Care in India".International Journal of Critical Illness & Injury Science 2014;4:114-30. [Pubmed]
21. *Pal R, Ghatak S. Value or Price: What we need in medical literature. Bull Assoc Physicians in India WB State Chapter 2014; 1(3): 28-9.
22. Gupta A, Roy TK, Sarker G, Banerjee B, Ghosh S, Pal R. Determinants of contraceptive practices among eligible couples of urban slum in Bankura district, West Bengal. J Fam Med Primary Care 2014; 3(4): 388-92. [Pubmed]
23. Basu M, Das P, Bagchi S, Dhar G, Datta S, Chattopaddhyay S, Bagchi S ,Pal R. Pattern and determinants of overweight and obesity among future physicians. Nepal J Epidemiol 2014; 4(1):323. [Pubmed]
24. Zaman FA, Sheikh S, Das KC, Zaman GS, Pal R. An epidemiological study of newly diagnosed sputum positive tuberculosis patients in Dhubri district, Assam, India and the factors influencing their compliance to treatment. Journal of Natural Science Biology and Medicine 2014; 5: 415-20. [Pubmed]
25. Pal R, Ghosh A, Sarkar D, Pal S. Pulmonary Tuberculosis: Long way to go. Res Rev J Med Health Sci 2014; 3 (Supplement 3): 1-3.
26. Pal R, Ghosh A, Sarkar S, Pal S. Control of Pulmonary Tuberculosis. Rural India Community Health 2014.
27. Ghosh A, Pal R. Profile of Dog Bite Cases in an Urban Area of Kolkata, India. National J Community Med 2014; 5(3): 321- 4.
28. Bose Majumdar A, Sarker G, Dey S, Prasad A, Pal R. Clinico-pathological Study of Sino-nasal Masses. National J Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2014; 2(11) (1):19-22.
29. Shahnawaz K, Choudhary SK, Sarker G, Das P, Pal R, Kumar L. Maternal Socio-demographic factors associated with low birth weight newborn in a rural area of Bihar, India. South East Asia J Public Health 2014; 4(1): 30-4.
30. Sarker G, Shahnawaz K, Pal R. Value of logistics in sexual health services: a hospital based perception. J Integrated Health Sci 2014; 2(1): 16-25.
31. Kabasi S, Sarker G, Pal R. Correlation of caries status and oral health behavior among adolescent school children of Moradabad city, Uttar Pradesh. J Integrated Health Sci 2014; 2(1): 3-10.
32. Gupta A, Sarker G, Pal R. Risk correlates of acute respiratory infections in slum children under five years of age in Bankura, West Bengal. Indian J Child Health 2014; 1(1): 1-6.
33. Sarkar KC, Das P, Pal R, Shaw C. Optical coherence tomographic assessment of retinal nerve fiber layer thickness changes before and after glaucoma filtration surgery. Oman J Ophthalmol 2014; 7: 3-8. [Pubmed]
34. Garg R, Gupta G, Uppal S, Mittal R, Pal R, Garg N. A retrospective analysis of hundred patients of Orbitozygomatic fractures with brain injury. J Clin Diagnostic Res 2014; 8(7): NC04-NC06. [Pubmed]
35. Pal R. Rabies: Ten Commandments. Published in the proceedings of 4th Annual Conference of Consortium Against Rabies 2014; 3-6.
36. Pal R, Dahal S, Gurung A. Colorimetric sensor: the new horizon in health and disease. Asian J Biochem Pharma Res 2013; 3(2): 92-9.
37. Pal R, Gurung A, Bhutia SD, Sharma A, Dahal S. Spotting biomarkers of pulmonary tuberculosis in human exhaled breath using porphyrin based sensor array. Int J Bioassays 2013; 2 (7):1019-23.
38. Pal R, Gurung A, Bhutia SD, Sharma A, Dahal S. Breathe Biomarkers in health and disease. Asian Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical sciences 2013; 3(21):1-7.
39. Pal R, Gurung A, Bhutia SD, Sharma A, Dahal S. Breathe analysis in tuberculosis disease recognition in new millennium. Research and Reviews: J Microbiol Biotechnol 2013; 2(3): 49-54.
40. Pal R, Dahal S. Diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in total human exhaled breathe analysis by porphyrin based sensor. Int J Sci Res 2013; 2(9): 27-32.
41. Pal R, Dahal S. Perspective of breathe analysis as the innovative diagnostic tool. Int J Curr Microbiol App Sci 2013; 2(9): 14-24.
42. Bhatia A, Pal R. Impact of Antarctica Winters on Vital Parameters and Anthropometric Variables. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease 2013; 11(3): 170-7. [Pubmed]
43. Radjou AN, Balliga DK, Uthrapathy M, Pal R, Mahajan P. Injury to the diaphragm: Our experience in Union Headquarters Hospital. International Journal of Critical Illness and Injury Sciences 2013; 3:256-61. [Pubmed]
44. IndiaClen 2013 Annual Conference Group (ACG), Agarwal J, Kulkarni M, Mohan U, Das V, Singh V, Das S, Rao P, Mehendale S, Venkatesh V, Kumar A, Kumar N, Hussain N, Pal R, et al. IndiaClen recommendations for improving postgraduate medical research & publication. Clin Epidemiol Global Health 2013; 1(2): 54-57. [Elsevier]
45. Garg R, Aggarwal S, Singh H, Kajal KS, Garg R, Pal R. Study of the relation of clinical and demographic factors with morbidity in a tertiary care teaching hospital in India. International Journal of Critical Illness and Injury Sciences 2013;3:12-7[Pubmed]
46. Islam F, Sarma R, Debroy A, Kar S, Pal R. Profiling acute respiratory tract infections in children from Assam. J Global Infect Dis 2013; 5:8-14. [Pubmed]
47. Gupta A, Sarker G, Das P, Shahnawaz K, Pal R. Prevalence of lifestyle associated cardiovascular risk factors among adolescent students of rural Bengal. J Integrated Health Sci 2013; 1(2):69-75.
48. Vidyasagar, Ghosh A, Ghosh D, Mohanta PK, Pal S, Pal R. Rabies: ignorance is not all the time bliss. Indian J Res 2013; 3(5): 223-5
49. Ghosh A, Sarkar D, Mukherji B, Pal R. Prevalence and risk correlates of hypertension among adult rural population in Bihar. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2013; 6(1): 71-5.
50. Sirwar SB, Indupalli AS, Pal R, Zaman FA, Kar S. Moraxella Catarrhalis: An emerging pathogen in bronchopulmunary infections. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2013; 6(1): 76-9
51. *Pal R, Kar S. Zaman FA, Jha DK, Pal S. Assessment of impact of small group teaching among students in Community Medicine. Indian J Community Med 2012; 37(3): 170-3. [Pubmed]
52. Bhatia A, Pal R, Dhal A. Improvised management of lumbar disc prolapse in Antarctica. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2012;5(1):106-7 [Pubmed]
53. Jha MK, Pal R, Bhattacharrya P, Oberoi SS, Garg A. Euthanasia: The Indian Scenario, Post 07/03/2011. J Punjab Acad Forensic Med Toxicol 2012; 12(1):43-7.
54. Gouripur V, Pal R, Maharaj S, Doodh R, Inniss F. Dutch Disease and the Pharmacy industry. Int J Analyt Pharma Biomed Sci 2012;1(2):37-45
55. Bhatia A, Pal R, Morbidity pattern of the 27th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica. Wilderness Environ Med 2012; 23(3):231-238.e2. [Pubmed]
56. Haldar A, Baur B, Das P, Mishra R, Pal R, Roy PR. Contraceptive practices and associated social covariates: an experience from Eastern India. Nepal J Epidemiol 2012; 2(4): 219-225. [Pubmed]
57. Singh R, Mukherjee M, Kumar R, Singh R, Pal R. Study of Risk Factors of Coronary Heart Diseases in Urban Slums of Patna. Nepal J Epidemiol 2012; 2(3): 205-12. [Pubmed]
58. Das P, Basu M, Pal R. Assessment of future physicians on Biomedical Waste Management in a tertiary care hospital of West Bengal. J Nat Sci Bio Med 2012; 3(1): 38-42. [Pubmed]
59. Das P, Basu M, Ghosh S, Biswas S, Pal R, Bagchi S. Somatic profile of North Kolkata male school students. Healthline 2012; 3(2): 18-23.
60. Agrawal A, Kakani A, Baisakhiya N, Galwankar S, Dwivedi S, Pal R. Developing traumatic brain injury data bank: Prospective study to understand the pattern of documentation and presentation. Indian J Neurotrauma 2012; 9(2):87-92. [Pubmed]
61. Bharati DR, Nandi P, Yamuna TV, Lokeshmaran A, Agarawal L, Singh J B, Das P, Basu M, *Pal R. Prevalence and covariates of undiagnosed hypertension in the adult population of Puducherry, South India. Nepal J Epidemiol 2012; 2(2):191-9. [Pubmed]
62. Maharaj S, Kistow B, Ramnarine A, Baldeo Singh R, Pandey S, Pal R. Barriers to Internationalization – A Study of the Pharmacy Sector in Trinidad and Tobago. Int J Sci Innovations Discoveries 2012; 2(3):366-76.
63. Gupta AS, Majumdar AB, Pal R, Pal S. Sphenochoanal Polyp in a Young Adult Female Presenting with Epistaxis. J Clin Case Rep 2012; 2:169.
64. Maharaj S, Doodh R R, Inniss F, Kissoon N, Prashad D, Pal R. Impact of the Dutch Disease on the Retail Pharmacy Industry of Trinidad and Tobago. Int J Res Pharm Biomed Sci 2012; 3(3):1326-33
65. Sengupta A, *Pal R, Kar S, Zaman FA, Basu M, Pal S. Clinico-pathological correlates of incidentally revealed thyroid swelling in Bihar, India. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2012; 4: 51-5. [Pubmed]
66. Radjou AN, Balliga DK, Pal R, Mahajan P. Injury-related mortality audit in a regional trauma center at Puducherry, India. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2012; 5: 42-8. [Pubmed]
67. Das P, Basu M, Dhar G, Mallik S, Pal R. Nutritional status and morbidity pattern of government primary school children in north Kolkata of West Bengal, India. South East Asia J Public Health 2012; 2(1):13-7.
68. Pal R. ‘Rabies: we need a holistic approach to deal a neglected zoonosis’. Proceedings of 14th National Conference of Association for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India Kolkata 6-8 July 2012.
69. Pal R. Medical Education: New vistas. Proceedings of observance of 78th Foundation day Darbhanga Medical College, Bihar 2012.
70. *Pal R, Kar S, Zaman FA, Pal S. The quest for an Indian blood law as of blood transfusion services regulatory framework. Asian J Transfus Sci 2011; 5(2): 171-4. [Pubmed]
71. Kotwal MR, Pal R. A Study of Health Related Quality of Life (QOL) among the Population of Gangtok, Sikkim. J Int Med Sci Acad 2011; 24(2): 83-5.
72. Bharati DR, *Pal R, Kar S, Rekha R, Yamuna TV, Basu M. Prevalence and determinants of diabetes mellitus in Puducherry, South India. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2011; 3: 513-8. [Pubmed]
73. Zaman FA, *Pal R, Zaman GS, Swati IA, Kayyum A. Glucose indices, frank and undetected diabetes in relation to hypertension and anthropometry in a South Indian rural population. Indian J Public Health 2011; 55:34-7. [Pubmed]
74. Bharati DR, *Pal R, Rekha R, Yamuna TV, Kar S, Radjou AN. Ageing in Puducherry, South India: An overview of morbidity profile. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2011; 3: 537-42. [Pubmed]
75. Sarkar UK, Menon L, Sarbapalli D, *Pal R, Zaman FA, Kar S, Singh J, Mondal M, Mukherjee S. Spectrum of Guillain-Barré syndrome in tertiary care hospital at Kolkata. J Nat Sci Biol Med 2011; 2: 211-5. [Pubmed]
76. Singh R, Sinha RK, Mani C, Prasad P, *Pal R. Burden and Vulnerability of Hypertension in a rural population of Patna, India. South East Asia J Public Health 2011;1(1):1-10
77. Basu M, Das P, *Pal R, Kar S, Desai VK, Kavishwar A. Spectrum of visual impairment among urban female school students of Surat. Indian J Ophthalmol 2011; 59: 475-9. [Pubmed]
78. Bose Majumdar A, Sengupta A, *Pal R. Computer battery cell in the cricopharynx of a toddler. J Nat Sc Biol Med 2011; 2: 219-21. [Pubmed]
79. Gupta SD, *Pal R, Sarkar A, Mukherjee S, Mitra K, Roy S, Sarbapalli D, Kundu KK, Zaman FA, Kar S. Evaluation of Ondansetron-induced QT interval prolongation in the prophylaxis of postoperative emesis. J Nat Sc Biol Med 2011; 2:119-24. [Pubmed]
80. Sengupta A, *Pal R, Kar S, Zaman FA, Sengupta S, Pal S. Fine needle aspiration cytology as the primary diagnostic tool in thyroid enlargement. J Nat Sc Biol Med 2011; 2:113-8. [Pubmed]
81. Ray S, *Pal R, Pal S, Kirtania J, Sarbapalli D, Sarkar U, Kundu KK. Preclusion of pain on injection with Propofol: evaluating the effects of Lignocaine or Fentanyl pretreatment.Anesth Essays Res 2011;5(1):32-6 [Pubmed]
82. Dechen TC, *Pal R, Kar S. Understanding the clinico-microbiological spectrum of common ear, nose and throat infections in Sikkim, India. J Global Infect Dis 2011; 3:202. [Pubmed]
83. Tsering DC,*Pal R, Kar S. Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus: current susceptibility pattern in Sikkim. J Global Infect Dis 2011;4(1):9-13.[Pubmed]
84. Bharati DR, *Pal R, Rekha R, Yamuna TV. Evaluation of the burden of type 2 diabetes mellitus in population of Puducherry, South India. Diab Met Syndr Clin Res Rev 2011; 5(1): 12-6. [Elsevier]
85. Chankapa YD, *Pal R, Tsering D. Correlates of Cervical cancer among underserved women. Indian J Cancer 2011; 48(1): 40-6. [Pubmed]
86. Basu M, Das P, Mitra S, Ghosh S, *Pal R, Bagchi S. Role of family and peers in the initiation and continuation of smoking behavior of future physicians. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2011; 3: 407-11. [Pubmed]
87. Chakraborty P, Dey S, *Pal R, Kar S, Zaman FA, Pal S. Obesity in Kolkata children: Magnitude in relationship to hypertension. J Nat Sc Biol Med 2011; 2:101-6. [Pubmed]
88. Mohanta PK, Ghosh A, *Pal R, Pal S. Blunt splenic injury in Sikkimese children and adolescents. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2011; 4: 217-21. [Pubmed]
89. Chankapa YD, Tsering D, Kar S, Basu M, *Pal R. Sociodemographic variables of contraceptive practice in Sikkim. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2011; 3:368-74.[Pubmed]
90. Tsering DC, Chanchal L, *Pal R, Kar S. Bacteriological profile of septicemia in neonates and infants with the associated risk factors in Sikkim. J Global Infect Dis 2011; 4(1): 43-6. [Pubmed]
91. Mandal S, Basu M, Kirtania J, Sarbapalli D, *Pal R, Kar S, Kundu KK, Sarkar U, Datta Gupta S. Impact of general versus epidural anesthesia on early postoperative cognitive dysfunction following Hip and Knee Surgery. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2011; 4(1); 28-33. [Pubmed]
92. Bhattacharyya T, Sarbapalli D, *Pal R, Sarker U, Kar S, Kundu KK, Zaman FA. Evaluating ranitidine, pantoprazole and placebo on gastric pH in patients undergoing elective surgery. Saudi J Anaesth 2011; 5(1): 69-74. [Pubmed]
93. Gupta AK, Uppal S, Garg R, Gupta A,*Pal R. A clinico-epidemiologic study of 892 patients with burn injuries at a tertiary care hospital in Punjab, India. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2011; 4(1); 7-11. [Pubmed]
94. Vidyasagar, Bagchi S, Pal R, Jha DK, Ray A, Pal S. The Prevalence and Distribution of Xerophthalmia in Preschool-age Children of rural India. Indian Med J 2011: 105(2): 63-6
95. *Pal R, Bagchi S, Kar S, Pal S. Hb E/ β0Thalassaemia can present with normal phenotype. Asian J Transfus Sci 2010; 4(2): 134-5. [Pubmed]
96. Das P, *Pal R, Pal S. Awareness on phychosomatic health among adolescent girls of three schools of North Kolkata. Indian J Psych2010; 52(4):355-9. [Pubmed]
97. Das P, *Pal R, Bagchi S, Chatterjee A, Pal S, Ray A. Sexual health education intervention among rural adolescent girls of Bengal, India. Indian Med J 2010; 104(9): 303-6.
98. Adhikari L, Roy K, Tsering DC,*Pal R, Kar S. Susceptibility rates of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa strains to quinolones. J Lab Physicians 2010;2:121.[Pubmed]
99. Dechen TC, Sumit K,*Pal R. Correlate of vaginal colonization with group B streptococci among pregnant women. J Global Infect Dis 2010; 2: 236-41. [Pubmed]
100. Mukherjee M, Goswami A, Gupta SD, Sarbapalli D, *Pal R, Kar S. Analgesia in post-thoracotomy patients: Comparison between thoracic epidural and thoracic paravertebral blocks. Anesth Essays Res 2010; 4:75-80. [Pubmed]
101. Adhikari L, Dey S, *Pal R. Mycetoma due to Nocardia farcinica. J Global Infect Dis 2010; 2:194-5. [Pubmed]
102. Das P, Basu M, Tikadar T, Biswas GC, Mridha P, *Pal R. Client Satisfaction on Maternal and Child Health Services in rural Bengal. Indian J Comm Med 2010; 35 (4):458-61. [Pubmed]
103. Tsering D, *Pal R, Dasgupta A. Substance use among adolescent high school students, India: A Survey of Knowledge, Attitude and Opinion. J Pharm Bioall Sci 2010; 2(2); 137-40. [Pubmed]
104. Chankapa YD, *Pal R, Tsering D. Male behavior toward reproductive responsibilities in Sikkim. Indian J Community Med 2010; 35(1):40-5. [Pubmed]
105. Adhikari L, Bhatta D, Tsering DC, Sharma DK, Pal R, Gupta A. Infectious disease markers in blood donors at Central Referral Hospital, Gangtok, Sikkim. Asian J Transfus Sci 2010; 4:41-2. [Pubmed]
106. Tsering D, *Pal R Dasgupta A. Licit and illicit substance use by high school students in Eastern India: prevalence and associated risk factors. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2010; 1: 74-9. [Pubmed]
107. Kar S, *Pal R, Bharati DR. Understanding non-compliance with WHO-multidrug therapy among leprosy patients in Assam, India. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2010; 1:9-13. [Pubmed]
108. Shenga N, Thankappan KR, Kartha CC, *Pal R. Analyzing sociodemographic factors amongst blood donors. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2010; 3 (1):21-5. [Pubmed]
109. *Pal R, Pal S. Primary Health Care and Public-Private Partnership: Indian Perspective. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2009; 2(2): 62-8.
110. *Pal R, Dahal S. Pal S. Prevalence of bronchial asthma in Indian children. Indian J Community Med 2009; 34:310-6. [Pubmed]
111. *Pal R, Tsering D. Tobacco use in Indian high-school students. Int J Green Pharma 2009; 3: 319-23
112. *Pal R. Pal. S. Re-incarnation of concepts of Chinese Medicine: Down memory lane. Indian J Clin Prac 2009; 20(3): 194-5.
113. *Pal R. Vitamin A Deficiency in Indian Rural Preschool-Aged Children. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2009; 2(1):11-4
114. Sengupta S, Pal R, Saha S, Bera SP, Pal I, Tuli IP. Spectrum of head and neck cancer in children. J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg 2009; 14:200-3. [Pubmed]
115. *Pal R, Sinha N. Body Mass Index calculation made easy. Indian J Clin Practice 2009; 20(3):244, 260
116. Tsering D, Pal R. Role of Family and Peers in Initiation & continuation of substance use.Indian J Psychol Med 2009;31(1):30-4 [Pubmed]
117. Sengupta S, *Pal R. Clinicopathological correlates of pediatric head and neck cancer. J Can Res Ther 2009; 5(3): 181-5. [Pubmed]
118. Shenga N, *Pal R, Sengupta S, Pal S. Correlates of voluntary blood donation among people in a hill capital, India. Int J Green Pharm 2009; 3(2): 170-7.
119. Adhikari L, Dasgupta A, *Pal R, Singh TSK. Clinico-Etiologic Correlates of Onychomycosis in Sikkim. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2009; 52(2):194-7. [Pubmed]
120. *Pal R, Ghosh A, Mohanta PK, Barua A. Single Ventricle with Dextro-cardia in an Adolescent Female. J Int Med Sci Acad 2008; 21(2):73-4.
121. Pal R, Barua A. Prevalence of childhood bronchial asthma in India. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2008; 1(2):73-5.
122. *Pal R, Vidya Sagar Antecedent Risk factors of Xerophthalmia among Indian rural Preschool children. Eye Contact Lens Sci Clin Prac 2008; 34(2):106-8. [Pubmed]
123. Shenga N, *Pal R, Sengupta S. Behavior disparities towards blood donation in Sikkim, India.Asian J Transfus Sci2008;2(2):56-60. [Pubmed]
124. Imteyaz A, *Pal R, Akram M, Ahmad M, Hossain S. Correlates of Immunization Status of children in an urban slum of Delhi. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2008; 1(2):59-63.
125. Tsering D, Pal R, Dasgupta A. Tobacco use among high school students of West Bengal, India. Indian J Community Med 2008; 33:207-8. [Pubmed]
126. Shenga N, *Pal R, Sengupta S. Knowledge Correlates of Blood Donation among the General Population in Sikkim. Indian J Clin Prac 2008. ISSN 0971-0876; 19(2):44-48.
127. Roy SK, Pal R, Bagchi S. Chatterjee S, Dutta PK. A sero-epidemiological study of Hepatitis-B in a rural area of Bihar. Indian Med J 2008; 102(4): 134 -5.
128. Shenga N, *Pal R, Sen Gupta S. Knowledge of Transfusion Transmitted Infections among the Sikkimeese. Pan Arab Med J 2008; 2(11):11-4.
129. Pal R, Barua A. Slow Epidemic of Bronchial Asthma. J Int Med Sci Acad 2008; 21(4): 251-252.
130. *Pal R, Manglik A, Sinha N. A Case of Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hayser Syndrome with Absence of the Right Thumb. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2008; 19 (2):236-40. [Pubmed]
131. *Pal R, Vidya Sagar Correlates of Vitamin A deficiency among Indian rural Preschool-age children.Eur J Ophthalmol2007;17:1007–9 [Pubmed]
132. Das P, Pal R, Mallik S., Khan A, Kundu S. Ghosh S, Basu B K. An unusual vaginal foreign body - case report with Review of Literature. Indian Med J 2007; 101(7):249-51.
133. Bagchi S, Chattapadhyay S, Bhattacharya SK, Pal R, Roy A, Dasgupta U. Anti-T.B. drug defaulters while on treatment in peripheral health institutions. Indian Med J 2007; 101(6): 221-2.
134. Das P, Mandal I, Khan A, Ghosh S, Pal R. A study on Intra-natal care practice in a block of North 24 Parganas.Indian Med J 2007;101(4):137-9
135. *Pal R. Asthma: The Sleeping Volcano. NESA Newsletter 2007; 10(9) :5
136. Roy SK, Bhattacharjee A, Mukherjee A, Jaiswal D, Das SN, Pal R. Cases referred for tests of Thyroid Function Disorders at a tertiary care teaching hospital of Bihar. Indian J Public Health 2006; 50 (4):236-8. [Pubmed]
137. Roy SK, Roy SK, Bagchi S, Bajpayee A, Pal R, Biswas R. Study of KAP of Private Medical Practitioners about National Diseases Control Programmes. Indian J Public Health2005; 49: 4: 256-7. [Pubmed]
138. Pal R, Ghosh BN. A study on the existing system of inventory control and material management in a Central Medical Store. Indian J Community Med 1991; XVI: 3: 130-5. [Pubmed]
|Sl. No.||Evidence presentation / Guest lecture/ Shared communications||Conference/ Venue||Date/ Month/ Year||Level|
|1.||Resource person: Round Table: 'Human factors and Patient safety, India' – jointly organized by AIIMS, MIND Associates and MUHS||11th Annual INDO-US World Congress of Emergency Medicine, Delhi||2nd October 2015||INDUS-EM 2015|
|2.||Chairperson: "PUBLIC HEALTH-EM INTERPHASE"||SYMPOSIUM IBID INDUS-EM 2015||3rd Oct 2015||International|
|3.||EMCORD-INDIA: "Problems faced by Emergency medicine residency program"||IBID: INDUS-EM 2015||3-4 October 2015||International|
|4.||Resource Person and Expert: ICMR ‘Injury Registry Meeting’||AIIMS, Delhi||3rd October 2015||International|
|5.||Invited Speaker: CME 'Why it is important to publish? How to publish in a journal?'||Academy of Family Physician of India: Delhi State conference||6th Sept 2015||National|
|6.||Invited Speaker: ‘Lessons learned from the Traumatic Brain Injury Pilot Study: How it could be better?’ in the Symposium "Developing Registry for Traumatic Brain Injury in India"||NEUROTRAUMA 24th Annual Conference of Neurotrauma Society of India NIMHANS Bangalore||21-23 August 2015||National|
|7.||Paper: Profile of dog bite cases in the urban field practice area of a medical college at Kolkata||14th World Public Health Congress Science City, Kolkata||9-14 January 2015||International|
|8.||Invited Speaker: Value & Price of technology in Public Health: Mumbai University||102nd Indian Science Congress||3-7 January 2015||National|
|9.||Paper: Profile of dog bite cases in the urban field practice area of a medical college at Kolkata||14th World Congress on Public Health Science City, Kolkata||9-14 February 2015||International|
|10.||ROUND TABLE: "Road Map to Road Safety and Public Health" held in Committee Room, VC Office, King George Medical University||Indo-US Trauma Initiative Conference INDUS-EM 2014 KGMU, Lucknow||18 October 2014||International|
|11.||EMCORD-INDIA: 3rd Annual Session on Challenges and Opportunities||INDUS-EM 2014 Era's Medical College, Lucknow||17 October 2014||International|
|12.||Paper: Clinical connotation of variation in origin and insertion of Biceps brachii||NATCON-61 PGIMER, Chandigarh||November 2013||National|
|13.||Paper: Impact of Antarctica Winters on Vital and Nutritional Parameters||IPY 2012 Montreal, Canada||April 2012||International|
|14.||Paper: Risk factors of hypertension among adult rural population in Bihar||IAPSMCON 2011 Berhampur, Orissa||February 2011||National|
|15.||Paper: Tobacco use in Indian High School Students', P-26.||IAPSMCON 2010 RIMS, Ranchi||February 2010||National|
|16.||Paper: Assessment of impact of small group teaching among students||NCHPE, 2009 |
|17.||Paper: Ascendancy of Life Style Diseases in Sikkim||XXVI National Conference of Indian Society for Medical Statistics||November 2008||National|
3. Life Member:
International Epidemiological Association [Elmer Villanueva Sponsored Member 2010-2012]; John Snow Society; HIFA 2015; IndiaCLEN (India Chapter of International Clinical Epidemiological Network INCLEN); White Ribbon Alliance; Emergency Medicine Association, International Confederation of Epidemiological Association; Nepal Epidemiological Association;
Indian Science Congress Association; The National Academy of Sciences, India (NASI); National Academy of Medical Sciences; Indian Medical Association; Indian Academy of Paediatrics (Central and West Bengal State Chapter); Academy of Family Physicians of India: Member of WONCA; Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine (Central and West Bengal State Chapter); Indian Public Health Association; Indian Association for Adolescent Health; Indian Society for Medical Statistics; Nutrition Society of India; Indian Red Cross Society; Indian Society of Health Administrators; Consortium Against Rabies; St. John Ambulance Association; Bombay Management Association.
1. Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Topic: ‘Diagnosis of pulmonary diseases by the analysis of exhaled breath with a colorimetric sensor array’ 2015 from Sikkim Manipal University.
2. Felicitation and Award: Contribution in Medicine and Public Health from Rotary Club of East Calcutta: 1st July 2015.
3. Member (M.N.A.Sc.): National Academy of Sciences India (NASI) 2015
4. Member (M.A.M.S.): National Academy of Medical Sciences 2014
5. International Epidemiological Association sponsored membership for ‘Elmer Villanueva Sponsorship Fund’ for 2010-2012: IEA book ‘The development of Modern Epidemiology’, 3 year free membership & Oxford Journal ‘International Journal of Epidemiology’ 2010-2012.
6. Felicitation and Award: ‘The Distinguished Academician and Researcher of the year 2011’ from INDO-US Academic Council for Emergency and Trauma (ACET) conferred at INDUS-EM Conference.
7. Certificate of Appreciation: ‘Champion for Children’ from ‘Save the Children’ 2011
8. FAIMER Fellow (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, Philadelphia ECFMG-USA) RI, Christian Medical College, Ludhiana 2009.
9. Fellow of the International Medical Sciences Academy, 2007.
10. Fellow of the Indian Public Health Association, 2007
11. Trainee Fellowship in Community Pediatrics of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics for the year 2006 for training in ‘Health Promotion’ at PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2006.
12. Fellow of National Environmental Science Academy 2006 in Community Pediatrics.
13. Rank Third (65.3%) Music appreciation Course:, recognized by West Bengal State Music Academy, Calcutta 1998.
14. Sangeet Visharad 1998-99 in ‘Rabindra Sangeet’, Sarba Bharatiya Sangeet-O-Sanskriti Parishad, West Bengal State Academy of Dance, Drama, Music and Fine Arts, Calcutta.
15. Fellow 1983 Indian Academy of General Practice, Member of WONCA.
16. College Scholarship for outstanding performance in the 3rd year College Level Examination Medical College, Calcutta and but forgone to enjoy the same for enjoying the National Scholarship from Govt. of India for high marks, 1976.
17. Distinction and Honors in Chemistry in First MBBS Part 1 University level examination with 82% marks (Topper).
18. Distinction (Letter) in Mathematics Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, 1973
19. National Scholarship for outstanding performance in the school leaving examination from Ramakrishna Mission to enjoy National Scholarship from Govt. of India at all levels of Undergraduate MBBS and Post-graduate Medical Education DCH and MD for 70.6 percent marks in the State Level in the Higher Secondary Examination (11th std.) conducted by West Bengal Board of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal 1973
5. Contribution in text books:
Title/Book/Chapter contribution:Author/Co-author/ Contributor/ Reviewer
1. *Pal R, Sarker G, Sinha D. Medicolegal Issues in Blood Transfusion Practice in Eds. Singh V P. Legal Issues in Medical Practice: Medicolegal Guidelines for Safe Practice. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. New Delhi, India, 2015; pp189-196.
2. Pal R. ‘Ethics in Health Promotion’ in Eds. Singh A, Goel S, Kathiresan J. HEALTH PROMOTION Need for Public Health Activism 2013; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, AV Akademikerverlag GmbH& Co. KG. Heinrich-Böcking-Str. Saarbrücken, Germany; Chapter 13: pp 124-137.
3. Pal R, Singh A. ‘Controversies in Health Promotion—The Question of Ethics’ in Eds. Singh A, Goel S, Kathiresan J. HEALTH PROMOTION II Need for Public Health Activism 2013; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, IBID; Chapter 62: pp 402-414.
4. Pal R, Pal S. ‘Clinical Epidemiology of Osteoporosis’ Chapter in Gill SS, Garg R, Bansal P Eds. ‘Osteoporosis- A Review’, 1st ed. Gulab Publishers, New Delhi 2013; pp 1-21.
5. ‘A Handbook on Bio-Statistics’, for undergraduate and post-graduate medical students, and residents. Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine, West Bengal State Chapter 2008.
6. ‘Tracking Progress towards Sustainable Elimination of Iodine Deficiency Disorder in Sikkim’ 2008: Data Management & Analysis team, IDD cell, Govt of Sikkim & Indian Coalition for Control of IDD, AIIMS, New Delhi.
7. ‘Spotters in Pediatrics’1st ed. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd., India, 2008.ISBN 978-81.8448-249-2
8. Rustagi N, Pal R, Dudeja P. Good cooking practices in kitchen in Eds. Singh A, Dudeja P. Food borne illness: The role of food safety in contemporary Indian society Elsevier International 2015 (In press)
9. *Pal R. University Grant Commission e-PG Pathshala- e-content development for ‘Social Medicine and Community Health’ Chapter a. NHPP1: Evolution of Health Policy in India b. NHPP3: National Education Policy1986 c. NHPP10 National Health Policy 2002
10. Title Publications a. *Pal R. Children Today. Sristi Publications, Kolkata, 2001 b. *Pal R. Health & Consciousness! Thallasemia, AIDS, Child health, Blood donation. Published in the proceedings of observance of Health Education workshop by Bigyan O Sanskritik Parisad, Kolkata, 1995. c. *Pal R. Water-borne Disease, Norman Bethune Public Health Movement Series 10, Kolkata, 1987.
11. Reviewer of Book Chapter a. *Pal R: ‘Descriptive Statistics with a Purpose’ in Biswas R, Martin CM. Eds. ‘User-driven healthcare and narrative medicine: utilizing collaborative social networks and technologies’. IGI Global Hershey Pennsylvania USA 2010 b. *Pal R: ‘Bio-medical Waste Management Scenario-Problems and Solutions’, ‘Health Promoting Hospitals: A Novel Concept’, ‘Security in Hospitals- Challenges and Possible Solutions’. Eds. Goel S, Gupta AK, Singh AJ. Hospital Administration- A Problem Solving Approach. Elsevier 2014.